Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to Seljalandsfoss

(The town of Vík. Yeah, that's pretty much it.)

(Fields of these purple mountain lupines cover the volcanic fields of ash.)


(A farm with a few glimpses of one of the massive glaciers looming on the top of most of the mountains in Iceland.)

(On my way back to Seljalandsfoss - note the size of these cliffs. That's a large house/farm at the base of the hill, protected from rock slides by the grove of trees planted above them.)

(Back at Seljalandsfoss. I was fortunate to have a very sunny night, so I ended up staying here for about three hours. Be sure to check out the beginnings of the horrible moustache/beard combo. Later in, it would help me blend in with the rugged locals.)

(Since it was 9:30 pm when I took this picture, no one else was around, so I had the magical place to myself. Check out the rainbow.)


(Walking around behind the 42 meter high falls.)

(Here you can see the damp trail behind the falls. Some books say you can walk behind the falls without even getting wet, but that's just not true. This place is a lie. Pendejos.)

(By this point, I was thoroughly soaked from taking so many pictures in the mist and behind the falls, but I was in awe of this place.)

(Thanks to my tripod and self-timer, I was able to sprint up to the base of the falls just in time for this picture. Immediately thereafter, I had to speed back to my hostel, as they closed their doors at 11, and this was taken at 10:45.)

0 comments:

Copyright © Derek's Travels | Published By Blogger Templates20

Design by Anders Noren | Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com