Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bermuda Part 1

A quick trip to Bermuda to visit my friend Josh...

(The beach at Fort St. Catherine. I had to rush back after this picture to return my scooter, walk a few miles in the hot sun with my bags and then get to the airport. I probably could have planned that a little better.)

(One of the many pastel colored buildings along Front Street, in the capital of Hamilton.)

(Some of the opulent homes across the harbor from Hamilton. Bermuda does well to discourage budget travellers and backpackers, but they couldn't keep me away. I actually had to stop at customs and call my friend to prove that I was staying with him. I guess I just don't exude an air of wealth these days.)

(Ross Perot lives somewhere off on this side of the island. I think this is Harrington Sound.)

(Horseshoe Bay - one of the most popular and beautiful beaches on this tiny island. Bermuda is only about 20 miles long and two or three miles wide.)

(Astwood Bay - literally within walking distance of Josh's house. Not a bad life out there.)

(An overhead shot of Astwood Bay.)

(A church in Hamilton. They do religious stuff there. That's how it works.)

(Flatt's Inlet. Josh said he has never heard that name, so I either saw it on a map or made it up. Either way, that's what I call it.)

(Another lovely scene at Flatt's Inlet/random place that has no name in Josh's mind.)

0 comments:

Copyright © Derek's Travels | Published By Blogger Templates20

Design by Anders Noren | Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com